In hot summer it’s a good time to make this quick cold soup – serve with ice.
100g breadcrumbs – made in food processor
1 kg tomatoes, chopped
1 red and 1 yellow or green pepper, deseeded and chopped
1/2 a large cucumber, peeled and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
100 ml good quality olive oil
50 ml apple vinegar
salt and black pepper
Garnish – hard boiled egg, chopped black olives, small pieces of cucumber, mint and parsley
- Soak the breadcrumbs in a little water.
- Put the chopped tomatoes, red and green peppers, cucumber and olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Squeeze the water out of the bread and add to the mixture and whizz some more.
- Add the oil, vinegar and seasoning and chill until ready to serve.
- Add some ice cubes just before serving and present at table with the garnishes.