Serves 8-10 as a dip
3 large aubergines ( about 330g each)
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
lemon juice from one lemon (50ml)
2 tbs tahini ( 60ml)
1 tbs olive oil (30ml)
2 tbs chopped fresh parsley – about 8 grams
1. Put the aubergines on a baking tray and prick or slash the skins. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the flesh is soft. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
2. Crush the garlic with salt and mix with the lemon juice, tahini, and olive oil.
3. Peel the skin from the aubergines and take out the flesh and chop it.
4. Mash with a fork or process in a food processor until smooth.
5. Stir in the parsley and serve with hot pitta bread or crudités.
One response to “Baba ganoush”
Thanks Jenny. One of my favourites! xx